Effective Date: September 28, 2018
The Site is controlled, operated, and administered by HAN Network from its offices within the United States. Information collected through the Site will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States.
Information that We Collect
Through your use of the Site, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, email address, date of birth, and payment information. We collect the following types of information:
Information Provided by You
You are not required to provide personal information in order to access and use the Site. However, certain areas of the Site or subscribing to certain publications offered by HAN Network may require you to provide personal information, such as your name, physical address, email address, and payment information.
If you choose to contact us to request information about our publications, submit information about a news item, fill out a survey or provide feedback, or request customer service or technical support, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions.
Information Automatically Collected
We may automatically collect the following types of information when you use the Site:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which pages of the Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from your IP address.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using to access the Site, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses and other device or carrier attributes.
This information may be collected through cookies, which are small text files that are stored on users’ devices for record-keeping purposes. Most Internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please note that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Site.
We may collect statistical or aggregated information that does not directly identify a specific person, but is derived from your personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of Site visitors in a particular ZIP code.
Third-Party Data Collection
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising. For example, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), which provide a single location where you can opt out of certain types of data collection and use or out of receiving targeted ads from member companies. To opt out, visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or www.aboutads.info.
The Site uses Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of the Site, and Google may share this data with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising networks. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices by visiting their website at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the personal information we collect in the following ways:
- To provide you with our products or services, process your transactions, or fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- To contact you in connection with your use of the Site or our products or services, or to respond to your inquiries.
- To communicate to you important information regarding the Site or changes to our policies.
- To offer you additional products or services that may be of interest to you.
- For marketing or advertising purposes.
- To help maintain and improve the Site or perform analytics.
- For our legitimate business purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
- To prevent or detect fraud.
- To enforce this Policy or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HAN Network, its employees, or any other person or the copyright-protected content of the Site.
- As required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities or law enforcement.
We reserve the right to share information, including personal information, with third parties, as described below:
- With Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Site functions, administer the Site, process transactions, or otherwise provide our products and services.
- Within Our Corporate Family: We may share information within our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law.
- If There Is a Change in Corporate Structure: We may share information to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, including in the event of a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of HAN Network, our employees, or any other person.
- For Legal Purposes: We may share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- With Your Consent: Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose.
Opting Out of Email Marketing Communications
If you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, just click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email. By opting out, you will not receive updates on new products or services or special offers. Please note that even if you opt out of marketing communications, you may still receive communications from us regarding your active subscriptions or related to your account.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your personal information. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The Site may contain links to or links from third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by HAN Network. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party website. You are subject to the policies of those third-party websites where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites before you disclose your personal information.
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under 13 years of age. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us using the contact information listed below.
Updates to the Policy
We reserve the right to modify the Policy from time to time and in our sole discretion. Any changes to the Policy will be posted on this page and will go into effect on the date of revision. We encourage you to review the Policy periodically. By continuing to use the Site after an amended Policy has been posted, you agree to the amended terms of the Policy.
We welcome your questions and comments regarding the Policy. If you have questions about the Policy, please contact us at [email protected]